Monday, August 21, 2017

Colors of Bolivia










































Hola:

This week we worked really hard. We are finding a lot of people who are searching for the gospel and for happiness.
For example one day we were walking and I just started praying in my mind for someone who needed us and we were in this block where we have knocked on a few of the doors and no one is ever home so we don't usually contact there, but I noticed one door specifically and there was watering like coming down the porch so she was cleaning and there was really loud cumbia music playing and I just felt like we should knock it. even though the music was so loud. but we knocked on it and this young girl came out and she was like oh hey let me turn the music off and she did and then came back out. and turns out she is a less active member who was baptized when she was like 11 and she talked about how she loves the temple and loves the church and then she started crying and said that she just came back from the hospital and she asked God why she was alone and why she had to go through things alone, and she said now I know that I am not alone and God still answers my prayers!!
One really hard thing about the mission is watching people you love go through really hard times and feeling your heart break so much, but hermana Kincaid said something really cool to me. She said that we love people so much that we feel so much joy when they progress but when things start to go wrong we are equally destroyed. We love with our whole heart and its ok because its worth it.
I love the gospel and I am so so grateful for our savior Jesus Christ who understands us so perfectly. We really are never alone. 

Hermana Lopez 
Making cinnamon rolls with Irene

He is reading the Book of Mormon!!
Look at the view by my window




No comments:

Post a Comment