Monday, October 17, 2016

Testimony


Good news: Gabriel is getting baptized this Saturday!! I hope everything works out, he is so golden. He is ready to change his life and become a member of Jesus Christs church! But when we spoke to him on Sunday he expressed feelings of nervousness and unworthyness. Hermana Braathen and I are going to work extremely hard with him this week because we are not going to lose him. 

This morning in my personal study I was reading in Alma and how he felt very responsible to go and preach the gospel. In Alma 4 19 he says that there was no other way to save them only by bearing a pure testimony. Last night, a recent convert of three months came to visit an investigator with us. This investigator knows the church is true, but he is struggling to be baptized. We dont know what to do with him anymore, but Hermana Braathen before teaching anything asked the recent convert, Jose, to share his testimony. It was so simple, but pure and strong, and it filled the air with an incredible spirit. A testimony is so powerful. Imagine what problems of the world and in others lives can be solved with the preaching of the gospel--even just a small testimony.

Also, in this week's zone meeting I learned that talking to everyone shows automatic conversion. If we share the gospel with everyone possible, it shows how converted we truly are about this gospel.

I love being a missionary and I love this gospel of Jesus Christ. In church we talked about families and what parents teach you and give you. The most valuable thing my parents taught me and gave me was my testimony of the restored gospel.

Love you all!
--
Hermana Lopez 

My Zone

There are so many dogs in Bolivia!!

Elders and Sisters Sacaba Zone

No comments:

Post a Comment